Last Updated on May 6, 2022
When looking for the best Jeep Renegade tent, you should look for sturdy rooftop tents that can endure harsh weather conditions, particularly heavy rain. Essentially, the most important consideration aspect for you is sturdiness and durability.
Along with the resistance to significant weather fluctuations, numerous additional aspects must be addressed.
This article will cover the top tents in this category. And, you will be able to make the best selection if you consider additional aspects such as load capacity, lighting, and your personal requirements, size.
Smittybilt Overlander Tent
If you want the absolute best roof top tent for Jeep Renegade and money isn’t an issue, you should go for the Smittybilt Overlander Tent. Overall its performance and build quality are better than most others.
Best Jeep Renegade Tent Reviews
Let’s get straight into the reviews of the most fabulous Jeep Renegade roof top tent. This section will go through each of these tents in-depth, including total pros and cons for your convenience.
1. Smittybilt Overlander Tent (2783)
- Heavy-duty tent with water and wear resistance characteristics
- Has windows on all sides with mosquito netting to allow you to enjoy nature peacefully
- It can support a significant amount of weight
- Available in a larger size that can accommodate up to four adults
- This tent’s mattress is plush and comfy
- Has inside LED strips for improved and more aesthetically pleasing lighting
- Extremely simple to set up and takedown
- The weight of the tent is a little more than advertised
- It also comes at quite a high price point
If you’re going camping or hiking, this is an exceptional tent set for you. This standard size tent will keep you comfortable while you get to enjoy the outdoors with your friends or family.
Before we get into the specifics of the tent, we’d want to tell you that a wonderful company makes it.
Smittybilt is a brand that produces strong and long-lasting equipment and accessories. Despite some negative connotations, the company manufactures high-quality goods. And this specific tent pack is one of their finest.
It appears to be a tan tent with a polyester construction and a zipper closure from the surface. It is waterproof and wear-resistant due to its polyester composition. As a result, you won’t have to worry about rain or other adverse conditions.
Furthermore, the maximum load capacity of this heavy-duty tent is 660 pounds. As a result, you will be able to fit in with another individual comfortably.
2. Napier Backroadz SUV Tent
- The installation procedure is straightforward and takes only approximately 10 minutes
- A vast and roomy tent that can hold 5 adults and has a headroom of 7 feet
- Features three mesh windows with netting for maximum ventilation
- Waterproof as it is crafted with polyester
- Maintenance is easy. Simply hand-wash it with water and soap
- It comes with a universal vehicle sleeve and is compatible with the majority of SUVs, CUVs, and Minivans
- Very budget-friendly price
- The tent’s poles are not particularly strong. After a few times, they may begin to split
- The floor appears to be quite fragile. Sharp things might tear holes in it
If you want the best Jeep Renegade tent without spending a fortune, this is unquestionably the ideal alternative for you.
This is already a luxury product coming from Napier, the world’s biggest manufacturer and supplier of Vehicle Camping Tents. However, the company manufactures a wide range of tents at various pricing points. And, this is the best one at a low price.
This large 10-feet by 10-feet tent comes in a beautiful grey color. It can accommodate around 5 persons of different sizes. Thanks to the precious living space, you can fit in several cots or sleeping bags in it.
You can easily connect it to your car’s trunk. And since this setup is simple, you can include your kids in the process!
In addition to one opening, the tent features three mesh windows for optimum ventilation and observation of nature. With this, you will be able to enjoy rugged off-road adventures without having to deal with bugs.
3. Smittybilt Overlander XL Roof Top Tent (2883)
- Accessible in an extra-large size that can fit up to four people
- The mattress is soft, comfortable, and removable
- A durable tent that is resistant to water, dust, and extreme temperature
- It is pretty easy to mount and take apart
- Features windows on all sides with mesh netting so you can appreciate nature from above ground
- The tent itself is pretty heavy. So, transporting it may seem a little difficult
- The cost per tent is pretty high
Here’s another Smittybilt tent choice for you to consider. And this one is equally as amazing as the first one. This Overlander tent has everything you require for a great outdoor experience.
It is a polyester tent with a tan color that goes in wonderfully with nature. It has numerous amazing features, such as being water and harsh weather resistant.
As for the load capacity, it has a heavy weight-bearing power. So, four people can comfortably sleep in it.
You’ve probably noticed that the manufacturer’s names and specifications of both tent options appear to be a little too similar.
That is because it is identical to the previous choice, except that it is larger and can hold a larger number of people. And that explains why this is more expensive than the first one.
Overall, this is an excellent pick for a large family or group of friends. However, if you only want to use it with your partner, purchasing the smaller size for a lower price is better.
4. Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 3 Extended Rooftop Tent RTT
- Features a ‘fold and go’ design that makes it easy to pack and even easier to set up
- Includes a well-built body and is impervious to water and harsh weather conditions
- A 40-inch LED light strip is also included in the bundle to brighten the tent from the inside
- The soft and comfortable foam mattress allows restful sleep throughout the night
- It comes with a skylight that allows you to stare at the stars all night
- Includes shoe compartments as well as an overhead storage compartment for extra items
- As it is a rooftop tent, it has a large folding tubular ladder
- The only drawback of this model is the price. It is rather expensive
Rooftop tents are an excellent way to appreciate nature from within. That’s why we are introducing yet another great tent that must be mounted on the top of your Jeep Renegade.
This jeep renegade rooftop tent is supplied by Overland Vehicle Systems, a great supplier for all types of off-road components and accessories. And this specific choice lives up to the company’s name.
Aside from the fundamental functions, this has plenty of other fantastic features. For example, it has a ‘fold and go’ design that makes it effortless to transport this large and heavy tent. It also takes less than a minute to set up.
But that isn’t all. The tent itself is pretty sturdy and practical. It includes a high-definition design and additional compartments for storing shoes and other items.
In addition, it includes a 3-inch memory foam mattress, which makes staying in the tent quite cozy and comfy.
5. Napier Sportz Cove 61000 Tent
- With more than 2 feet of an awning, it provides absolute protection from rain, sun, and more
- The storm screen also serves as a privacy screen as it covers the car completely
- Features a mesh screen that you can put up to view nature from the comforts of your car
- Being a standardized canopy cover; it will complement all small-to-medium sized SUVs, minivans, and other vehicles
- It can be used on a number of occasions other than camping, including backyard parties, campfires, picnics, and road trips
- A carrying bag is included for after-use storage
- It doesn’t work with big-sized vehicles.
- Regardless of how small and uncomplicated the tent is, it will require some practice the first few times.
And for our last recommendation, we have another Napier tent model. This one is significantly different from the previous one. While the last one was a full-on large-size tent designed for campsites, this is one that is more of a canopy shade for vehicles.
Seeing as it is from Napier, it is guaranteed to be a great tent. It is constructed of top-quality polyester taffeta to assure the longevity of the tent. And, it offers complete cover and protection from the harsh sunlight and heavy rain.
There is a storm screen that provides additional privacy, also protection from the weather. Moreover, the mesh panel lets you savor the beauty of nature while remaining bug-free. The extended canopy also gives added privacy.
Furthermore, the Napier Sportz Cove tent can be used for purposes other than camping, such as yard parties, campfires, tailgating, and highway excursions.
You should have a general notion of the finest types of tents for a Jeep Renegade now that you’ve seen our top recommendations. But, to make your decision a bit simpler, I’ll conclude with some pointers.
If you want the absolute best roof top tent for Jeep Renegade and money isn’t an issue, you should go for the Smittybilt Overlander Tent (2783) or the Smittybilt Overlander XL Roof Top Tent (2883). Either of these serves as the perfect tent for Jeep Renegade, according to our research.
But if you’re on a budget, you can try out the Napier Backroadz SUV Tent for a great camping experience.
Best Jeep Renegade Roof Top Tent FAQ
Can you put a roof tent on Jeep Renegade?
Yes, you can put a roof tent on the jeep renegade. But your tent must weigh less than the roof rail capacity. However, it’s always advisable to check with the manufacturer before purchasing a rooftop tent.
How much weight can a Jeep Renegade roof hold?
You can easily carry a maximum of 160 lbs on the roof of a Jeep Renegade. Moreover, the weight must be evenly distributed throughout the roof rack.
Can you sleep in a Jeep Renegade?
Sleeping inside the jeep is not the most comfortable thing to do. However, you still can sleep inside a jeep renegade. To do so, you must sleep in the back of the Jeep. Fold up the front seats. In this way, a space is created between the backs of the front seats and the headrests on the back seats. You’ll need pillows to sleep comfortably.