Last Updated on September 2, 2022
Are you sick of living in that monotonous life cycle that binds you between walls or works? Well, maybe you need relaxation and believe me, camping is the one you need to relax your nerves.
However, when it’s to camping, a tent is the most obvious thing you should carry. Unfortunately, people often find it a bit tricky to choose the right tent among numerous brands and models.
For instance, Hinged Door tents have become incredibly popular now. These tents are pretty cool that will give you a sensation like a real door of your home.
If you don’t have enough idea about hinged door tents, your investment might go in vain. Therefore, we have come up with our best hinged door camping tents review. So, without further ado, let’s move ahead to our top-rated list.
Top 7 Best Hinged Door Camping Tents Review
There is no hard and fast rule to picking a tent based on the door type; still, it makes some difference. If you look carefully, you may notice that Coleman is dominating the hinged door tent lines and offers the best-hinged door tents so far.
After analyzing all the features and considering the price, we have enlisted some of the best-hinged door tents available on the market. Check out our top-rated list and grab the one you’re looking for.
Coleman Montana Cabin Tent
- This tent is very easy to set up. If you still find it a bit tricky, its straightforward instructions will help you set it up without hassle.
- With a peak height of 6.2 feet, this tent is quite spacious, provides ample space to stand inside, and accommodates three queen-sized beds.
- Its waterproof floor and strong frame keep insiders safe from wind and moist environment, while the leak-free and water-resistant fabric offers superior protection against rainstorms.
- This tent comes with excellent ventilation that ensures better airflow into the tent.
- Unlike cheaper tents with vulnerable zippers, this tent is equipped with a velcro system that keeps the door in place and makes zipping easier.
- Its hinged door ensures easier entrance with swings open and closing without putting much stress on the zipper.
- If you have difficulty walking, you may find entering the tent a bit of a hassle by stepping over the threshold, as the door is quite narrow.
- Some users have reported that its thin floor material may create a bit of trouble while camping on rough terrain.
One of the most attractive facts about this Montana cabin tent is its huge cavernous space. We have noticed a beautiful ceiling light equipped with it that’s very handy and battery-powered.
However, we might not admit it to be the most heavy-duty tent; still, it’s enough to keep your whole family protected from rainstorms and keep the inner environment dry.
The spacious inside of this tent, with 6.2 feet peak height, will give an excellent shelter for sleeping and gossiping with up to 8 people.
Coleman Octagon Festival Dome Tent
- This tent comes with a durable construction built with steel poles, and this steel frame features a WeatherTec polyester material attached to withstand rain and wind.
- Its built-in mesh pockets and hanging hooks offer ample space to store your essential items.
- It needs just 20 minutes to set up; that’s quite less compared to its vast size.
- The color-coded poles are designed specially that make installation easier, even for the first time.
- This tent features an octagonal shape with high walls that ensures superior spacing inside the tent.
- The inner portion and peak height let you stand completely upright inside while opening the windows keeps the inner environment more vibrant.
- It is equipped with a removable partition curtain that can be used as a partitioner to maintain your privacy among your friends.
- Due to its large size, it’s quite heavier, so you can’t choose it as a light tent option.
- It seems to be a three-season tent, not exactly suitable for a four-season.
Firstly its two hinged doors have made it to our top-rated list that gives you easy access to the front and back as well as facilitates pitching your tent for easier access.
The second thing that makes it special is its room divider that helps you to separate your portion and ensures your privacy. As it’s easy to set up, you may not need to depend on others to install it.
If you’re worried about rain and wind, sit calm, this tent is waterproof with high-quality water-resistant coating polyester fabric. Besides, the durable construction also keeps your tent safe in strong air.
Coleman WeatherMaster Tent
- Its color-coded poles and sleeves make installation easier by giving proper direction to insert a pole into the right sleeve, and it needs just 20 minutes to set up.
- This tent is spacious enough to accommodate 6 persons with two queen-sized beds while you’ll get enough space to move around.
- Its screened room can be doubled up to use as a relaxing lounge on those cozy, restful nights, especially in warm weather.
- The unique WeatherTec technology ensures maximum water resistance and is specially designed to protect leak-prone areas of the tent.
- Its weather-resistant fabric, leak-free seams, and waterproof floors keep you protected from rainwater, while the zippered secured protection ensures nothing comes through the fastening.
- This tent features hinged doors that allow you to open or close the door more easily and let you move out and in seamlessly.
- Some users have complained about facing issues during the rainy season, which means this tent needs thorough waterproofing before use.
- Due to the large size of this tent, it isn’t enjoyable to carry with me.
The Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent is just what you want at an affordable price while it’s incredibly comfortable. This is a 3-season tent so far with up to 6-person accommodating capacity.
This tent features tall walls which are almost vertical, along with large windows for fresh air movement. Well, its tall walls and peak height offers you ample space to move around and stand just upright.
Two separate fiberglass poles are attached with special hinged doors that run along the perimeter. Besides, all color-coded poles aid you in installing the tent more easily within just 20 minutes.
Coleman Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent
- Its special hinged doors and precisely zippered back allow you to access the tent conveniently, while the inverted seams help you to keep yourself dry at all times.
- All the materials of this tent, including continuous pole sleeves, fiberglass shock-corded poles, polyester, and mesh, are durable and reliable.
- Its complete waterproof design keeps you protected in rainy weather while the steep awnings are attached over the windows to ensure proper ventilation without allowing rain or snow into the tent.
- You can make two rooms using the partitioner, and it is very spacious, giving you ample space to sleep in.
- The resilient waterproof floor is specially designed with welded floor seams that prevent seeping water into the tent.
- Its ventilation is structured with additional care, such as mesh ceilings and multiple windows, perfect for the warmer season.
- No doubt it is the preferable option in the warm season due to its special ventilation, but it makes it less versatile than some other cold-weather tents.
- The cabin design is not suitable enough to support the tent in strong wind or storms.
If you love to travel with your family or a small group of friends, the Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent can be a great choice so far. Investing in this tent won’t disappoint you if you want to use it for many years.
This tent is designed specially to provide superior comfort and ample space to move around or stand upright. It comes with large and perfectly angled windows to keep the rain out of the tent even while the windows are open.
Tenaya Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
- Spacious enough to accommodate 8 people while the partitioning facility offers you privacy to stay with your closed one.
- It comes with color-coded poles and sleeves to ensure fast pitching and make it easy to install within a short period of time.
- This tent is designed with reflective guy lines that are illumine licensed and ensure safe movement inside the tent when it’s too dark.
- The 6 feet peak is pretty enough to stand inside the tent comfortably, and this tent can accommodate two queen-sized beds easily.
- It is strong enough to hold strong air up to 60 MPH, ensuring your safety in extreme weather.
- Inside the tent, there are some useful closets and hangers to store your essential gear.
- Its special hinged doors behave just like your home door and allow you to go in or out more easily.
- Some users have reported that its poles tend to snap anytime, and construction is inferior.
- The seams come loose so that can’t keep the rain fly totally sealed, and the fabric rips easily.
The Tenaya Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent is a 6-person tent with a lot of exciting features. For instance, its two-cabinet design helps you to separate yourself if you need some privacy, while shelves behind the tent offer extra storage.
It’s equipped with Coleman’s special Insta-clip suspension that ensures absolute clipping of the sides of the tent walls. The special zipped window and mesh wall allows maximum airflow inside the tent.
This tent is very easy to set up and pitching is less time-consuming. Please don’t be worried about rainwater, as its waterproof fabric will protect you from water. The overall spacious design and convenient door system will just impress you.
Coleman Tenaya Lake Cabin Tent
- As a fast pitching ten, it takes minimum time while offering you a convenient installation without any helper.
- There are two special cabinets placed outside the tent to keep your valuable item nearby and offer you ample space even after placing two queen-sized beds.
- The mesh shelving incorporated into the cabinets offers more organized storage, and the internal closet is deep enough to store various gear.
- The LED system attached to the tent’s roof emits a vibrant glow throughout the tent, and you can control light levels using the switch.
- Its special divider works as a curtain allowing you to separate yourself and maintain your privacy.
- Two additional fiberglass poles equipped with the hinged door frame allow you to enter or exit the tent more conveniently.
- Its special WeatherTec technology offers you superior weather protection no matter how harsh the weather is.
- This tent is quite heavy, which makes it a bit difficult to carry without a helper.
- There are no floor vents available in the tent, and a small number of pockets may not be enough to store items of all tent members.
The Tenaya Lake 8-Person Cabin is supposed to be a mid-range cabin tent, and obviously, this is far better than those cheaper options. This tent is well-ventilated with multiple windows and mesh formation.
The inner space of this tent is quite large to accommodate 8 people without sacrificing their comfort. Besides, the interior door closet and special hinged design allow you to move out or into the tent easily.
Coleman Elite Sundome Tent
- 120 square feet of living space is quite enough to accommodate 6 people comfortably, and the 6 feet peak height allows you to stand inside the tent without any hassle.
- The hinged door system gives you an experience of closing or opening the door like your home and facilitates your entry and exit.
- The built-in LED lighting system has three variable settings and runs on 4D batteries while there is no trace of wire inside the tent because of its clever craftsmanship.
- The special Sundome design prevents moisture buildup and ensures a lot of airflow as well as the fly covering half of the walls aids in more airflow.
- This tent is very easy to install, and it needs only 15 minutes to set up the tent.
- The E-port allows you to power up your electronic devices.
- This tent struggles in very cold weather which may not be preferable.
- Stakes included with the tent are not very good quality and the fiberglass poles are also vulnerable.
If you want to spend quality time outdoors with your family or friends, the Coleman Elite Sundome 6-Person Tent might be the best option in the sense of superior comfort and vibrant camping experiences.
The WeatherTec technology is implemented in this tent to keep you safe from harsh weather. The auto roll window and hinged doors are just more than you may desire to have a home-like feel.
Moreover, the special LED lighting and E-port system are just amazing. This tent is large enough to stand and move inside the tent comfortably.
So, we have reached the end of our best hinged door camping tents review. As per our research and analysis, we have selected Coleman Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent as our top pick. If you are still hesitating to choose the best one among those 7 models, let us give you our expert’s opinion.
Of course, it’s a hinged-door tent, but it has some impressive features as well. Such as plenty of space, better weather protection, good center height, and so on. All of these have made it more functional and our top pick in this category.