Last Updated on September 1, 2021
If you are a passionate traveler, then camping at the Grand Canyon is something that is definitely a big must on your bucket list. Whether it is at the South or North Rim, the spectacular views of rose gold sunsets, beautiful hiking trails and lush forests are bound to leave you awestruck.
However, to get a full taste of this view, camping is much more preferred than staying at lodgings there. And what is an absolute essential for camping? Getting the best tent for grand canyon, of course! To make your job easier, This article reviews four of the best tents out there, along with their detailed pros and cons.
Best Tent for Grand Canyon Reviews
Below, we’ve provided an in-depth analysis of our recommended picks for you. Read on to know more about them.
1. Coleman Sundome Tent
- Equipped with inverted seams and welded corners to protect against extreme weather conditions
- Can stand even in extreme windy regions
- Big windows and venting system in the ground allows airflow
- Electrical power can be brought inside the tent through E-port
- Setup is easy and requires less than 10 minutes
- Has two mesh pouches inside in order to store belongings
- Affordable price range
- The tent is unusually heavy
- Even though it is built for two people, it is not large enough
- Has only one door
The Coleman Sundome tent is definitely one of the greatest tents for a backpacker, as per my findings. However, keep in mind that this tent is not large enough for two people, so this is only recommended when you plan to travel alone.
One of the things that make this tent a great choice is its ability to withstand any type of weather condition. The inverted seams and welded corners on the product help with rainy weather, while its strong frame keeps it standing even in extremely windy areas.
A good flow of air in a tent is a must in order to keep yourself from feeling too suffocated in the small encapsulated space. This model is equipped with big windows in order to ensure that. The venting system in the ground also helps in this regard.
You can easily store your belongings in the pouches inside the tent. Besides, staying connected with the outside world is also easier with this tent, thanks to the included E-port.
What we dislike about the tent is that it can be quite heavy, so it is best not to carry it if you do not have any access to a car for long miles. Getting in and out of the camp can feel a bit cramped at times since it has only one door. Aside from these, the tent actually has great features and is perfect for the campgrounds at grand canyon.
2. Coleman Cabin Tent
- Equipped with dark room Technology in order to block 90% sunlight to make mornings easier
- Can help reduce heat in the interior
- Waterproof quality helps to keep water out
- Can be easily spotted at night due to reflective guy lines
- Has a divider included in case you need privacy
- Can be set up in 1 minute
- Large interior can even fit 2 queen-sized beds
- Ceiling with large height ensures you do not bump your head
- Great for the whole family, including kids
- Includes mesh pockets for storing items
- The size makes it large and awkward to carry around
- Does not have any vestibules to store gear
If you plan on going to the Grand Canyon with your whole family, then the Coleman Cabin tent is a great choice. The removable dividers inside the tent help you to get some privacy, while the large space is more than enough for up to 10 family members.
The dark room technology in this tent helps to block most of the sunlight and keep the interior of the tent dark even in the daytime. This is especially great if you are staying at the mother campground in Grand Canyon National Park, where the sunlight might seem a bit too harsh in summer mornings.
Now you can camp even in hot regions, as the tent is equipped with features to help reduce heat. This feature makes it a great choice while bringing in young kids too. Besides, it does not matter if kids wander away from the tent since it has reflective guy lines that help to spot it easily, even in the nighttime.
One thing to consider is that you cannot vary this model around if you do not have any means of transport. But if you want to go camping by car, this should be your first choice if you plan to go with a lot of people.
3. Hyke & Byke Yosemite Backpacking Tents
- Made with ultra-light no-see-um mesh walls that make it durable and lightweight at the same time
- Taped floor seams and bathtub floor helps protect the tent even in rainy weathers
- Rainfly keeps the whole material protected
- Equipped with two vestibules for easy storage access
- Can be transformed into a small pack for carrying purposes
- Includes a carrying bag for ease of transportation
- Metal stakes are not ruined even if driven to the soil repeatedly
- Double doors make getting in and out easy
- Does not cost too much
- The material might be prone to damage
This model from Hyke and Byke is a great addition to any backpacker’s equipment and is considered the best grand canyon tent by many people. What makes this model so popular among users is its lightweight quality. The model is made from ultra-light material, which helps to carry it around very easily.
However, the lightweight quality does not deter it from being durable. This tent can stand in all sorts of weather, including heavy rain. An included rainfly helps to keep the whole tent protected, and taped floor seams along with the bathtub floor help to prevent rainwater from seeping in.
Carrying a tent around can be hard, especially if you plan on walking through the hiking trails in South Rim. But you will not face such a problem with this tent, as it can be folded to a really small size. Besides, it comes with a carrying bag that you can put the whole tent in; this makes it even more portable.
One problem with this model is that its material tends to be damaged very easily. However, it has a very affordable price, and the features definitely make it worth it. Therefore, this is great for grand canyon campers going on camping trips occasionally.
4. Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent
- Can be set up instantly or in less than 2 minutes
- Equipped with pop-out rooms that are great for providing some additional space
- Has a porch near the front door, which offers a great place to sit and view the scenery
- Included with a port to offer electrical connectivity
- Removable divider included with the tent helps to offer privacy
- LED light poles in the tent help to keep this well-lighted
- Lots of doors and windows in the tent help in ventilation
- A removable storage organizer helps to store all items easily
- The instructions to set up this tent is quite unclear
- Since it has only one door, getting in and out can be quite cramped
The last model on our list is the Ozark trail instant cabin tent. This one is great in the sense that it offers a lot of space for up to 11 people. The interior is large and roomy and includes some pop-out rooms on the side that can accommodate extra people.
If you want to experience the beautiful sunsets seen from the South Rim or the lush forestry of the North Rim at the comfort of your tent then this model is perfect. It has a porch included near the front door, which is a great place for sitting and enjoying some scenery with your family and friends.
In case you need to stay connected with friends, this model offers an E-port to stay connected. Besides, it has LED lights included, which is great for illuminating the tent and makes it great for the nighttime.
Now that you have gone through the whole article, hopefully, you have an idea of what constitutes the best tent for grand canyon. By reading these four reviews, you might also get an idea of which one to buy for yourself. So, go on the next camping trip as soon as possible, and bring your tent with you!